Massage therapy is an ancient form of healing, used for thousands of years. Holistic massage combines a selection of massage techniques including Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage and Trigger Point Therapy. Muscle tension in the shoulder and neck area often causes excessive pain and headaches and responds well to Deep Tissue Massage. Hands, elbows and forearms are used during the massage. Each treatment is bespoke to match the client’s needs both physically and emotionally.
During the treatment, the back, shoulders, neck and base of skull will be worked on to reduce areas of pain and tension. A suitable carrier oil with essential oils will be used. The sequence begins with Effleurage, from the French ‘effleurer’ which means ‘to glide or to flow’. This enables me to detect any knots and areas of tension before applying deeper specific massage techniques to reduce them. The Holistic Back Massage ends with a deeply relaxing, soothing finale. Towels will be used to ensure your modesty. After treatment advice on posture and exercise will be given if needed.
- Relieves deep muscular tension
- Helps to improve joint alignment and release pinched nerves
- Improves mobility
- Helps to eliminate tension headaches
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves circulation and removal of toxins
- Promotes relaxation
- Improves health and well-being
- Helps the body to heal itself
- Relieves stress, anxiety and tension
- Improves sleep
- Helps to lower blood pressure